Goals & Objectives | Program Outcome
In support of the Mission Statement of the School and the Medical Center, the Diagnostic Medical
Sonography Program goals will be to:
- Prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Enroll qualified students who will benefit from the course of study and graduate within the prescribed time frame at a rate consistent with the Program mission and expected outcomes.
- Enable students to develop and apply professional ethics and life-long learning skills of a professional healthcare provider.
- Enable students to acquire and demonstrate appropriate communication skills and thinking/problem solving skills of a healthcare provider.
- Graduates of the JFK Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography are eligible to apply to sit for the certification examinations of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).