Prospective Student Home page
The JFK Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder School of Nursing offers four different tracks toward
registered nursing licensure Generic, LPN-to-RN Transition, Accelerated, and Pathways to BSN. All four
tracks lead to a Diploma in Nursing from the JFK Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder School of Nursing
and an Associate in Science Degree from Union County College. Credits transfer to BSN programs.
The four tracks leading to registered nurse licensure are:
- Day or Evening/Full or Part time
- Requires high school diploma or GED/Adult Diploma
LPN TO RN TRANSITION
- Day/Full time
- Requires a baccalaureate degree; degree may be in any discipline
PATHWAYS TO BSN
- 3-4 week full time day transition course
- Choice of day or evening for Nursing III and Nursing IV
These four tracks include the following:
- Enables students to complete a BSN at Kean University in three semesters after completing the generic
- Students take 20 credits at Kean University - 6 credits towards the AS degree and 14 credits towards
the BSN degree
For more complete information, please review the program
- 75 credits:
37 general education credits
38 nursing (clinical) credits
- General education credits are taken at Union County College - Cranford, Elizabeth or
- Up to 32 transfer credits are available for comparable courses with cumulative grade
point averages of 2.5 or higher (40 transfer credits for holders of baccalaureate degrees).
- Nursing courses taught at the JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools and various other clinical sites and affiliations.
- Accredited by the NJ Board of Nursing and the NLNAC.